Laptops and tablets are available for 7-day checkout to current students, faculty, and staff from the Library Technology Services department on the Main Floor of the Library. A valid CSUN student or employee ID is required.
7-Day Check-out Devices (off-site)
|iPad Air 2 64GB with Keyboard||Latest iOS, Microsoft Office||40|
|HP EliteBook 840 G3 14-inch (Intel i5, 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM)||Windows 10, Microsoft Office||47|
|HP EliteBook 740 G1 15-inch (Intel i5, 2.5 GHz, 8GB RAM)||Windows 10, Microsoft Office||28|
|MacBook Pro 13-inch (Intel Core i5 2.9 GHz, 8GB RAM)||Latest Mac OS, Microsoft Office||20|
|NEW! Franklin Wireless R910 Mobile Hotspot||10|
|NEW! TI-84 Plus Calculator||20|
*Actual number of devices available for checkout varies. Please contact us for accurate number.
Device Accessory Checkout
3-Hour Check-out (on-site use only)
|Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ-Style Headphones||25|
|Wired USB Mouse||5|
|Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (Old Macbook charger)||4|
|Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (New Macbook charger)||4|
|Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter (Type C Macbook charger)||4|
|iPhone Charger (Lightning)||15|
|Android Charger (Micro USB)||10|
|Type C Charger||10|
|Kinivo 4-Port HDMI Splitter Box||3|
|Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter||7|
|Mac DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||10|
|PC DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||7|
|Type C to HDMI Adapter||10|
|LG Slim Portable Disk Reader/Writer||5|
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout HP Laptops: HP Laptop Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout MacBooks: MacBook Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout iPads: iPad Software List (PDF)
- Laptop checkout is available during open Service Desk hours at the Library Technology Services office on the main floor of the Library.
- Borrowers must be current CSUN students, faculty or staff, must hold a currently valid CSUN ID card, and have no outstanding library fines.
- Only one laptop or tablet per person may be checked out.
- Equipment cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All checked out items must be returned to the Library Technology Services department on or before the due date, up to one hour before the department closes.
- All patrons must sign a System and Device Loan Agreement form before checking out equipment for the first time. Save time and fill out the Loan Agreement Form electronically on AdobeSign before coming in.
7-Day Checkout Items
$10 overdue fine per day or portion thereof for each item until all parts are returned
$75 processing fee for each lost/damaged item
3-Hour Checkout Items
$1 overdue fine per hour or portion thereof for each item until all parts are returned
$15 processing fee for each lost/damaged item
The Oviatt Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge.
- Please see our Computers page for full details.