The Learning Commons Technology (LCT) department will undergo a renovation of its interior and exterior structures this summer 2018. As a result, services such as Laptop and Tablet Checkout, Printing and Computer Support, and Visitor Pin Distribution will all be moved to the Library’s Guest Services department.
For more information about the LCT Renovation please visit The Transforming Library.
Laptops and tablets are available for 7-day checkout to current students, faculty, and staff from the Learning Commons Technology department on the Main Floor of the Library. A valid CSUN student or employee ID is required.
7-Day Check-out Devices (off-site)
|iPad Air 2 64GB with Keyboard||Latest iOS, Microsoft Office||40|
|HP EliteBook 840 G3 14-inch (Intel i5, 2.3GHz, 8GB RAM)||Windows 10, Microsoft Office||47|
|HP EliteBook 740 G1 15-inch (Intel i5, 2.5 GHz, 8GB RAM)||Windows 10, Microsoft Office||28|
|MacBook Pro 13-inch (Intel Core i5 2.9 GHz, 8GB RAM)||Latest Mac OS, Microsoft Office||20|
*Actual number of devices available for checkout varies. Please contact us for accurate number.
Device Accessory Checkout
3-Hour Check-out (on-site use only)
|Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ-Style Headphones||25|
|Wired USB Mouse||5|
|Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (Old Macbook charger)||4|
|Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (New Macbook charger)||4|
|Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter (Type C Macbook charter)||4|
|iPhone Charger (Lightning)||10|
|Android Charger (Micro USB)||10|
|Type C Charger||10|
|Kinivo 4-Port HDMI Splitter Box||3|
|Apple Lightning to HDMI Adapter||7|
|Mac DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||10|
|PC DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter||7|
|Type C to HDMI Adapter||10|
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout HP Laptops: HP Laptop Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout MacBooks: MacBook Software List (PDF)
The following software is loaded on the 7-day checkout iPads: iPad Software List (PDF)
- Laptop checkout is available during open Service Desk hours at the Learning Commons Technology office on the main floor of the Library.
- Borrowers must be current CSUN students, faculty or staff, must hold a currently valid CSUN ID card, and have no outstanding library fines.
- Only one laptop or tablet per person may be checked out.
- Equipment cannot be reserved and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All checked out items must be returned to the Learning Commons Technology department on or before the due date, up to one hour before the department closes.
- All patrons must sign the revised System and Device Loan Agreement before checking out a tablet or laptop for the first time.
Fines for Late Returns
- $25 per day or portion thereof until all parts are returned
The Oviatt Library provides access to computers throughout the building in support of research and learning at California State University, Northridge.
- Please see our Computers page for full details.